Gathering for Fellowship
Issued in 1998
IS: 13 x 15-1/2 ins. PS: 15 x 17-1/2 ins.
Edition: 1,000 and 25 artist's proofs
The regular edition of this print is sold out and no longer available on this shopping site.
Gathering for Fellowship the third St. Anne's Church, Annapolis, Maryland, was built in 1858 to replace the second church, which had burned on Valentine's Day. The new church incorporated a portion of the old tower into its Romanesque Revival style. The church was completed in 1859, except for the steeple, which was delayed until 1866 by the War Between the States. The Town Clock has been housed in the tower since that time. The first St. Anne's Church was destroyed in 1775 to build a larger one which could accommodate the growing community.