Williamsburg Bruton Parish
Issued in 2002
IS: 5-7/8 x 7 ins. PS: 8-3/8 x 10-1/2 ins.
Edition: 1,000 and 25 artist's proofs
Williamburg’s Bruton Parish was created in 1674 by the merger of two earlier parishes, one dating to 1633. The parish was named for the town of Bruton in Somerset, England, the ancestral home of the prominent Ludwell family and of the then governor, Sir William Berkeley. In recent years, the Christmas Eve and Easter worship services have been telecast nationally. Bruton Parish Church stands today enriched by spiritual associations and historic traditions.